[VIDEO Tutorial] Learn the Crochet Aligned Cobble Stitch Today — Perfect Texture for Scarves, Blankets & Afghans!
This beautiful crochet stitch has a wonderful texture and is easier than it looks!
When single crochet and double crochet are not enough, and yet you don’t want to wade into the complexities of some textured stitch patterns, the crochet aligned cobble stitch is a perfect solution!
It resembles the bobble stitch and the puff stitch yet is relatively easier. The key here is the combination of single crochet and triple crochet stitches.
You’ll also find that this stitch is perfect both for solid color and striped projects — whether with self-striping yarns like Red Heart Super Saver Stripes which you can buy at Amazon (paid link) — or striping with color schemes of your own making. It would be a great stitch to use for a stash-busting afghan, a.k.a. the scrapghan!
Not least it would make a great scarf, too. Pick your favorite color(s) of variegated yarn and buy it at Amazon and you could soon have an original creation!
This wonderful video tutorial is free! It’s by crochet designer and blogger Olivia Kent of Hopeful Honey. You’ll find not only the YouTube video but also some written instructions on the page. Thus you get the best of both learning styles. You’ll quickly be on your way to stitch mastery!
Click here to get the video tutorial at Hopeful Honey
How about a few more free video and photo tutorials for crochet stitches and techniques? All you have to do is scroll down for the links to previous features here at Crochet Maze!
- [VIDEO Tutorial] Learn the Herringbone Double Crochet Stitch Easily — Perfect for Scarves & Afghans!
- [VIDEO Tutorial] Learn the Crochet Mini Bean Stitch Today — It’s Super Easy!
- Learn the Crochet Spider Stitch Today with this Easy Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Chinese Puzzle Stitch and Make a Gorgeous Afghan Square! – Free Photo + Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Diamond Stitch – Easy Video Tutorial!
- Learn the Crochet Side Saddle Stitch with this Free Video Tutorial
- The Granny Stripe Crochet Stitch Is Perfect for Blankets – This Easy Video Tutorial Shows You How
- Learn Tunisian Crochet Today with this Fast and Easy Photo Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Moss Stitch with this Easy Photo Tutorial
- If You’ve Been Wanting to Learn to Do Slip Stitch Crochet Fabric This Free Photo Tutorial Is for You
- Learn the Dotted Doubles Crochet Stitch Today with this Easy Photo Tutorial
- Learn the Single Rib Crochet Stitch with this Easy Photo Tutorial
- Learn to Crochet the Purl Slip Stitch with this Easy Photo and Video Tutorial
- Learn the Double Crochet V Stitch Today with this Easy Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Catherine Wheel Stitch with this Free Photo Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Spike Stitch with this Easy Photo and Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Block Stitch with this Easy Video Tutorial
As always, happy crocheting!