[VIDEO Tutorial] Learn the Crochet Mini Bean Stitch Today — It’s Super Easy!
You’ll be able to master this beautiful crochet stitch in no time!
The mini bean stitch gives your crocheting an appealing and warm texture that’s perfect for blankets, scarves, shawls and ponchos. It’s also great for DIY projects too; think tote bags and purses and other accessories as well as such housewares as potholders, trivets and place mats. See the links to free patterns below for inspiration!
It bears some similarity to other textured crochet stitches such as the popcorn stitch. But what’s amazing about this stitch is that it is so easy and so repetitive. Even if you’re a beginner, you’ll be able to master this stitch and give your crocheting some variety. Now if you use variegated yarn or self-striping yarn, you’ve got something that looks intricate and complex and yet for you it was a breeze!
This wonderful video tutorial is free! It’s by designer Olivia Kent of Hopeful Honey. In less than six minutes she walks you through the entire technique from start to finish as you follow along.
Click here to get the video tutorial at Hopeful Honey
And now that you’ve got a new stitch how about a couple of free patterns?
You’ll find the fabulous Bean Stitch Accent Pillow by designer Rebecca of Little Monkeys Crochet. (Photo below.) Click here for the free pattern.
Delia of Delia Creates has a gorgeous Bean Stitch Cowl. (Photo below.) Click here for the free pattern.
And as a bonus here are two more!
You’ll find this lovely Baby Bean Baby Blanket by designer Megan Meyer of Left in Knots. Click here for the free pattern.
And be sure to check out the Rustic Bean Stitch Washcloth by designer Megan Shaimes of Megmade with Love. Click here for the free pattern.
And for even more free video and tutorials for a variety of crochet stitches and techniques do check out our other favorites we’ve previously featured at Crochet Maze. You’ll find the links below!
- Learn the Crochet Spider Stitch Today with this Easy Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Chinese Puzzle Stitch and Make a Gorgeous Afghan Square! – Free Photo + Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Diamond Stitch – Easy Video Tutorial!
- Learn the Crochet Side Saddle Stitch with this Free Video Tutorial
- The Granny Stripe Crochet Stitch Is Perfect for Blankets – This Easy Video Tutorial Shows You How
- Learn Tunisian Crochet Today with this Fast and Easy Photo Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Moss Stitch with this Easy Photo Tutorial
- If You’ve Been Wanting to Learn to Do Slip Stitch Crochet Fabric This Free Photo Tutorial Is for You
- Learn the Dotted Doubles Crochet Stitch Today with this Easy Photo Tutorial
- Learn the Single Rib Crochet Stitch with this Easy Photo Tutorial
- Learn to Crochet the Purl Slip Stitch with this Easy Photo and Video Tutorial
- Learn the Double Crochet V Stitch Today with this Easy Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Catherine Wheel Stitch with this Free Photo Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Spike Stitch with this Easy Photo and Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Block Stitch with this Easy Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Tulip Stitch Today with this Easy Video Tutorial!
- Learn to Crochet the Flower Lattice Stitch with this Free Photo Tutorial
- Want to Learn the Crochet Picot Trellis Stitch? – This Free Video Tutorial Is for You!
- Photo Tutorial: Learn How to Crochet Standing Stitches
- PHOTO Tutorial: Learn the Foundation Single Crochet (FSC)
As always, happy crocheting!