[VIDEO Tutorial] Learn the Herringbone Double Crochet Stitch Easily — Perfect for Scarves & Afghans!
Yes, this crochet stitch is easy and has a gorgeous texture!
And not least, the Herringbone Double Crochet stitch works up quickly. How fantastic is that?! If you’re on the lookout for a stitch that creates an almost knit-like texture, that’s thick and luxurious, this just might be the one.
It’s great in all kinds of yarn including super bulky, making it an excellent choice for scarves, super scarves and cowls that you can crochet in a hurry and yet have a dense and warm texture. It’s perfect for the traditional afghans, throws and blankets, too! It would also look fabulous in projects using your favorite variegated yarn colors.
As the Herringbone Double Crochet stitch the equivalent height of double crochet you might want to try using it as a substitute in a pattern that calls for double crochet; you’ll get a lovely textured effect.
This fabulous video tutorial is free! It’s by crochet designer Jess of Make & Do Crew. You’ll find not only the video but some very helpful tips and pointers and written instructions that will help you in reinforcing what you’ve learned.
Click here to get the video tutorial at Make & Do Crew
As a bonus, you’ll also find her free pattern that uses the Herringbone Double Crochet stitch; the Bixby Cowl. Made with chunky yarn, it’s cozy and beautiful!
If you’re on the lookout for even more free video and photo tutorials for crochet stitches and techniques, just scroll down for the links to previous features here at Crochet Maze!
As always, happy crocheting!
- [VIDEO Tutorial] Learn the Crochet Mini Bean Stitch Today — It’s Super Easy!
- Learn the Crochet Spider Stitch Today with this Easy Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Chinese Puzzle Stitch and Make a Gorgeous Afghan Square! – Free Photo + Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Diamond Stitch – Easy Video Tutorial!
- Learn the Crochet Side Saddle Stitch with this Free Video Tutorial
- The Granny Stripe Crochet Stitch Is Perfect for Blankets – This Easy Video Tutorial Shows You How
- Learn Tunisian Crochet Today with this Fast and Easy Photo Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Moss Stitch with this Easy Photo Tutorial
- If You’ve Been Wanting to Learn to Do Slip Stitch Crochet Fabric This Free Photo Tutorial Is for You
- Learn the Dotted Doubles Crochet Stitch Today with this Easy Photo Tutorial
- Learn the Single Rib Crochet Stitch with this Easy Photo Tutorial
- Learn to Crochet the Purl Slip Stitch with this Easy Photo and Video Tutorial
- Learn the Double Crochet V Stitch Today with this Easy Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Catherine Wheel Stitch with this Free Photo Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Spike Stitch with this Easy Photo and Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Block Stitch with this Easy Video Tutorial