If You’ve Been Wanting to Try Tunisian Crochet, this Tutorial Is for You!
Yes, with this wonderful stitch-by-stitch tutorial on Tunisian crochet you’ll be up and running in no time!
Tunisian crochet is also known as Afghan crochet and in recent years, it’s been growing in popularity. The projects you can make are so varied and you may have seen in them on Facebook, Pinterest and elsewhere. The texture is quite striking and offers so many possibilities for blankets, afghans, scarves, vests, skirts, you name it.
Well, thanks to this fantastic tutorial by Purl Soho, the technique process is completely demystified and in fact, quite easy to learn.
It requires a special “Afghan” crochet hook, so that you work the long rows….
…that give this signature look. To get the step-by-step instructions….
Click here to see the photo tutorial at Purl Soho
For even more guidance, check out this fantastic Tunisian crochet video tutorial below!
If you want to learn even more about Tunisian crochet, there’s a fantastic course at Craftsy that you may want to consider. It’s “Tunisian Crochet for Beginners.” Brittany of B.hooked Crochet — the famed crochet designer, teacher and podcast host — is the instructor.
You can get all the details on this excellent online course by clicking here. It’s well worth the small investment to gain a firm foundation in this valuable crocheting technique!
Thanks for reading. This post contains affiliate links which help keep Crochet Maze up and running!
Are you on the lookout for more free tutorials on crocheting techniques and stitches? Check out some of our other favorite video and photo tutorials we’ve previously featured at Crochet Maze. Links are below!
- Learn the Crochet Moss Stitch with this Easy Photo Tutorial
- If You’ve Been Wanting to Learn to Do Slip Stitch Crochet Fabric This Free Photo Tutorial Is for You
- Learn the Dotted Doubles Crochet Stitch Today with this Easy Photo Tutorial
- Learn the Single Rib Crochet Stitch with this Easy Photo Tutorial
- Learn to Crochet the Purl Slip Stitch with this Easy Photo and Video Tutorial
- Learn the Double Crochet V Stitch Today with this Easy Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Catherine Wheel Stitch with this Free Photo Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Spike Stitch with this Easy Photo and Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Block Stitch with this Easy Video Tutorial
- Learn the Crochet Tulip Stitch Today with this Easy Video Tutorial!
- Learn to Crochet the Flower Lattice Stitch with this Free Photo Tutorial
- Want to Learn the Crochet Picot Trellis Stitch? – This Free Video Tutorial Is for You!
- Join-as-You-Go Granny Squares – This Photo Tutorial Shows You How!
- Photo Tutorial: Learn How to Crochet Standing Stitches
- PHOTO Tutorial: Learn the Foundation Single Crochet (FSC)
- The Fast Way to Learn Tunisian Crochet! – Photo Tutorial
- If You’ve Been Wanting to Try Tunisian Crochet, this Tutorial Is for You!
- earn to Crochet the Granny Stripe Stitch with this Photo Tutorial!
- Learn to Crochet Granny Squares with this Fantastic Photo Tutorial!
- 12 Methods for Joining Granny Squares – These Tutorials Will Show You How!
As always, happy crocheting!